Monday, July 6, 2009

Public Transport - 6th July 2009

I'm going to make this brief since I have a terrible headache. I'll dot-point for now so that I won't forget anything.

1. Up at 9am to talk to Stephen about geocaching today. The problem was that we had no transport since Leora had the car, and Nicky wasn't feeling well. In addition, we had no GPS (backup plan was to steal one from Stephen's dad, but we didn't end up doing it).

2. Got back on the couch and watched America's Next Top Model for a bit, whilst eating a kosher salami and lettuce sandwich. Since it's really hard to get the stuff in Adelaide, this was rather enjoyable.

3. Off to the shops with Simon to load up on groceries and chicken for dinner. I plan to make a chicken satay pastry thingy or a roast chicken later in the week.

4. Dropped off at Gordon station, almost missing the train. I managed to get on it, but in my rush, I had accidentally taken the one going in the opposite direction to the city. Hopped off at the next stop and waited around 5 minutes to get the one back. Off at Town Hall station to switch to Newtown line. More waiting. I love my ipod touch - having e-books whilst travelling is fantastic since I get sick if I try to read on moving transport.

5. Arrive at Newtown at 3pm, absolutely starving. Went into the "Sogo Espresso" cafe and had a fritata which was dry and tasteless - I was too hungry so I ate it anyway.
Accidentally went the wrong way down King Street and started feeling uncomfortable when the amount of people around dropped. FYI, Newtown is the equivalent of Salisbury - not the best part of town, however it has too many second-hand bookstores on the same road for me to ignore.

6. Spent until 5:30pm walking up and down King Street and browsing in the bookstores. Got two books, $5 and $8 respectively. Stopped off at T2 to pick up some tea as a thank-you present, and was treated to tasting a variety of teas. Grabbed some "chocolate chip" chai tea (no chocolate actually involved) and was presented with some hot tea to go on my way from the lovely shop assistants.

7. Back to the train in the near-dark. This time took the right connections, and was glad to have dragged my beanie, coat and gloves with me - despite the fact that they'd dislocated my arms and back for the most part of the day (that stuff is HEAVY!).

8. Picked up at Gordon station by Simon, had chicken drumsticks and potato mash for dinner, then watched Masterchef with Chloe. Am currently eating a strawberry yoghurt at the computer (it's 8:50pm) with plans to head to bed shortly.

Tomorrow it's lunch with Kat, and then I think I'll take the rest of the day off, since that seems the only way I'll keep my brain from melting. Am having a really great time though!

TTYL
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment