Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life's a bitch....and then you fly

Although this holiday was fun, here's my bitchy post for today.
Up at oh-dark-hundred (5:30am) after a restless night of being unable to breathe through my nose.
Thank goodness for Simon, who got up so early and drove me to the airport, instead of leaving me shivering at the station. Checked in and had some very nice chai latte (the one with actual leaves with frothy milk poured through it).

Everything was going well until the flight. We were subjected to pretty bad turbulence, three times the obligatory number of screaming children, mucus stuck in my inner ear bit that sent shooting pains whenever I tilted my head (as well as a muffled hearing - thank goodness that's gone). In addition, I was seated next to a young lady who took up her seat, and quite a bit of mine. I'm not exaggerating. She had to get a seatbelt extension, and when my tray lowered down, it had to squeeze past her. When the turbulence started, I have to admit that I thought "If we crash to the right I'll be okay, but if we hit the left, life is going to be painful". I do feel sorry for the girl, but having spent 2 hours of my life contorting myself so that I wasn't getting up close and personal with her, I thought that I deserved a bit of sympathy.

Back at home now, still with a cold, but I have a nice warm gown and humidifier so things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment